Have you ever murdered an ego?

Dissatisfaction with the status quo is wrecking me. I was walking through town this morning and observing the people as they rush here and there. Some are in a hurry, some have all the time in the world. Some are old, some young. Some are locals who grew up here and others are immigrants who come from colorful backgrounds and countries. Some are solid contributing citizens who are in the system, paying taxes, holding a job, and stressed to the limit. Others wander the streets shopping, begging, talking to themselves and the voices in their heads. Alcoholics, mentally ill, homeless. I looked up at the sky and prayed, "Lord, help us." We go throughout or day without noticing each other. Social coldness is the norm. Depression, hopelessness and disease are old friends of ours. It doesn't matter if money is a problem or not. A dejected soul seems standard in Kaiserslautern. And I am tired of it.


So what do I do? Pray. Give the worries to my Maker. And on the other hand, make myself available to be used. Faith is okay. Praying never hurt anyone. Action is tough. Obedience tests what my faith is made of. It's hard to take a risk. To put myself out there on the line and perhaps fail, or make a fool of myself. But something has to change. I have decided this rotten ego of mine has got to die. He's a putrescent fool who get's in the way of Jesus.


Lord, I am yours. Start with me.




Mike

Comments

Popular Posts